Who We Are
Harvest Moon Distributors, LLC, came to life in 2012, and was named on a fall night when a beautiful harvest moon was rising over the Dubsdread Golf Course in Orlando. Our company name rose right out of the horizon, as big and orange as it could be! Co-founder Cherie Rivett has long loved good wine and well–run businesses, so this start-up came as a natural career progression.
The concept was to bring wines to market that were too small in production, or somehow insignificant, for big distributors to care about. Without representation, the small wineries would never reach consumers. There was a ‘buy local’ movement gaining momentum, and a (then new) local winery wanting a distributor. It was a unique plunge to take, but good decision or not, Cherie wanted to take that leap into the unknown. It has been an incredible journey to date. The wine business is at times brutal, and is more complex than consumers can imagine. It required retail customers willing to take a chance on wines and and a company unknown and unproven. It required suppliers putting their faith into a new and unproven distributor, and it required navigation more challenging than ever imagined. Like any business, it has grown only because of the dedicated people making it happen every step of the way. Team members willing to take on more than they hardly could or should, leaving “real jobs” to be part of the Harvest Moon possibility. As owner and CEO, Cherie is proud to be working with a vibrant and competent group of professionals who make up the Harvest Moon team.
EXCELLENCE IN EVERYTHING
- We represent good products, and work only with people we enjoy and are proud to do business with.
- We strive to have efficient and effective operating practices that protect product quality.
- We do not know everything, so we use experts to make sure things get done right!
- We work to keep good relationships with our customers and suppliers.
- We care about the environment and make decisions accordingly.
- We respect and care for the communities we service, and the people they employ.
GROWTH FOR EVERYONE
- We work to increase our volume and territory so retailers and suppliers grow as we do.
- We amaze customers with great service and ensure they have product to sell when they need it.
- We keep our operating costs low so the products can be priced to provide retailers and end consumers with a great value.